Lead, Manufacturing Engineer
Lead, Manufacturing Engineer
TeamGlobal is recruiting for a Lead, Manufacturing Engineer for our client in Goleta, CA. This role is a subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of project management. Manages large, complex project initiatives of substantial importance to the organization with minimal oversight or direction. Communicates within and outside of the organization to explain and influence changes to practices, processes and approaches. Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or products. Provides input into new products/processes and implements operational plans that have measurable impact on business or functional results. Matching 401(k), insurance and TG Rewards are available with every position. Inquire below and a recruiter will contact you with more information.
- Essential Job Functions:
- Directs the development of plans and activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives.
- Optimizes program production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply.
- Plans and administers program procedures and budgets.
- Makes budgetary recommendations and at higher levels, controls capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor and is responsible for managing two or more of the following activities related to operations: manufacturing, production planning, manufacturing engineering, test, quality, or shipping/receiving/stores.
- Develops schedules and manpower requirements for program requirements.
- Develops, implements and analyzes manufacturing plans and projects and communicates them to internal and external customers.
- Defines, develops and transfers manufacturing and engineering tools, strategies and systems.
- Develops high level manufacturing strategies for specific products and processes.
- Ability to work in a strong matrixed organization with cross functional groups/teams while meeting and exceeding set goals & metrics.
- Cost technical and schedule performance are part of the key deliverables.
- Actively participates with engineering project teams in order to coordinate the release of new products.
- This role will be responsible for the transitioning of a developmental R&D program into a manufacturing production program. (Prototype to full production of complex large electro mechanical assemblies).
- Estimates and tracks manufacturing costs and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines.
- Maintains records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations.
- Up to 25-40% travel.
- Education and Experience Requirements:
- Requires comprehensive level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have in-depth knowledge of project management and EVMS.
- Requires proficiency with MS Project & Critical Path Analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience.
- Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Active Secret clearance required.
- FAR/DFR knowledge is desirable.
Apply Now! Call Now: (817) 234-9553