Avionics/Electronics Tech Sr
Avionics/Electronics Tech Sr
Our client is looking to fill their vacant Avionics/Electronics Tech Sr positions in Savannah, Georgia. Provide technical expertise and guidance while performing various operational, functional tests and repairs of avionics/electronic, aircraft equipment and systems to ensure a defect free aircraft. Inquire today... a recruiter will contact you with additional details!
- Essential Functions:
- Demonstrates superior technical skills and expertise in avionics and aircraft systems operational testing and troubleshooting. Provide direct training to personnel to support company cross-training goals while ensuring a safety conscience, quality oriented, skilled workforce.
- Teach the installation and functional testing of electrical/avionics components and systems per Engineering specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals ensuring a defect free system.
- Ensures quality and efficiency of all installations: troubleshoots and teaches troubleshooting processes/concepts to provide timely, quality repairs of malfunctioning systems.
- Demonstrates the skills and knowledge required to effective and efficiently repair or replace defective components and wiring to ensure installations meet conformity. Demonstrate effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including splicing, soldering and pinning of wiring.
- Oversees the performance and compliance with engineering changes and modifications as required.
- Sets up and operates necessary test equipment. Conduct functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability.
- Demonstrates through diligent compliance the importance of maintaining daily logs and other paperwork. Ensures that all work performed on the aircraft is properly and completely documented
- As required, pre-inspects work of others prior to submitting to inspection for approval to reduce rework and inspection time.
- Provides the knowledge and technical expertise in testing and maintaining test equipment and electronic systems and components as required.
- Enforces the company FOD program, tool control program, 5-S program and all safety regulations.
- Adapts to sudden schedule changes.
- Coordinates with other disciplines concerning projects.
- Where required, teaches the installation and functionally testing of electrical/avionics components
- Self inspection capability for all avionics testing functions in applicable areas.
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, flight tests on aircraft as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Six (6) years experience in an avionics/electrical career field; or two (2) years of accredited schooling in aviation electronics and four (4) years related experience.
- FAA Airframe and Power plant license preferred.
- FCC License preferred.
- NCATT preferred.
- Experience in Solumina and CATIA V5 preferred but not required.
- Preferred proficiency in the operation and troubleshooting of other aircraft systems (hydraulics, landing gear, flight controls, environmental controls or structural installations/repairs)
- APU run qualification and engine run qualification preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints and schematic diagrams.
Apply Now! Call Now: (817) 234-9527