Our client is looking to fill their vacant Avionics Technician positions in Sanford, Florida. Install, troubleshoot, and repair aircraft wiring and avionics systems using various hand tools, test equipment and technical reference materials. Inquire today... a recruiter will contact you with additional details!
- Essential Job Functions:
- With limited supervision, performs wire marking, bundling, and pre-pinning of systems to be installed.
- With limited supervision, performs routing of wiring throughout aircraft and connecting wiring to accessories such as relays, circuit breakers, connectors, and switches. Learns and performs preparation and pinning of new system terminations per manufacturer specifications, AMI approved procedures, and FARs.
- With limited supervision, disassembles and reassembles aircraft interior, instrument panels, and avionics equipment bays prior to and/or following the installation of wiring and/or repair of avionics systems, using proper handling and storage techniques. Learns to properly document all removal and installation of aircraft parts and accessories according to AMI approved procedures.
- With limited supervision, performs wiring checks and limited/basic system checks to ensure functionality of wiring installations.
- With limited supervision, adjusts, repairs, or replaces defective parts and wiring on aircraft systems and avionics equipment.
- With limited supervision, troubleshoots, identifies, and reports problems to senior technicians. Identifies Engineering / OEM design errors and consults with senior technicians for a corrective course of action.
- With limited supervision, document description of work completed on the work order and demonstrates an understanding of the work order procedure.
- Maintains current industry, equipment, and FAA knowledge by attending factory classes, OJT, and by researching and reading technical documents, trade publications, FAR's, etc. Assists lesser-experienced technicians in interpreting Company policies and the FAR's.
- Available to travel occasionally within the United States and other countries as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Job Specific Requirements:
- Licenses/Certificates: Airframe and Power plant (A&P) license preferred. At a minimum, must have a Repairman Certificate or be able to obtain one. A valid driver's license and acceptable driving record required
- Attendance: Regularly scheduled attendance required
- Physical: Routinely lifts 50 lbs.; reads small print; identifies colors; repetitive motion; works in confined spaces; works in heights above four feet; tolerates products materials associated with component maintenance; tolerates standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing and sitting
- Environmental: Tolerates working in extreme temperatures and noisy environments
- Work Schedule: Must be willing to occasionally work overtime, weekends, and/or alternate shift to meet customer delivery deadlines
- Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of High School graduate or equivalent required. Advanced education a plus
- Minimum of five (5) years related avionics or electronics experience required
- Five years avionics installations experience with demonstrated troubleshooting highly preferred
- Garmin Avionics experience a plus
- NCATT AET Certificate preferred
Inquire Now! CALL NOW!