RS Sheet Metal Tech Sr
RS Sheet Metal Tech Sr
Brunswick , GA
Our client is looking to fill their vacant RS Sheet Metal Tech Sr positions in Brunswick, Georgia. Lay-out, fabricate and install parts equipment and fabricated items on aircraft following established operating procedures. Inquire today... a recruiter will contact you with additional details!
- Essential Job Functions
- Use complicated schematics/blueprints, engineering drawings and technical instructions to safely perform sheet metal layout, fabrication, and installation of parts, equipment or fabricated items on aircraft. Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications.
- Mentor and train Sheet Metal Technicians, as required. Review their work prior to sign off to ensure work complies with quality control standards.
- Oversee projects or other technicians and assesses requirements of assigned tasks to procure required materials and documentation for assigned tasks.
- Use blueprints to cut and form plastics and follow standard operating procedures when using adhesives, sealants and solvents.
- Utilizing tools as required. to shape and form complex angles and configurations according to blueprint specifications or written/verbal information.
- Safely operate shop equipment such as: brakes, presses, riveting equipment, shears, and hand tools associated with sheet metal functions. Use the proper hardware for various sheet metal applications.
- Comply with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Use personal protective equipment as required. Ensures aircraft is protected (PTP).
- Conduct monthly 5S audits, as required.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Assist in developing initiatives to meet individual OGSM requirements, as required.
- Work closely with lead to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce cost, cycle time, and man hours.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities (e.g. YIAW, Kaizen events, etc.)
- Coordinate with other disciplines concerning projects.
- Perform Lead responsibilities, as required. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Four (4) years of sheet metal and/or fabrication experience.
- Experience in aerospace industry preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Heavy structures work (Skin changes, cargo door mods, crack repairs, antenna installations)
- Advanced knowledge of sheet metal or fabrication processes (forming, drilling, stamping, shaping, bending, punching, cutting, riveting, filing and dimpling).
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Adapts to sudden schedule changes.
- Able to use tools and equipment associated with sheet metal work.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must have a good working knowledge of computers and experience working with MicroSoft Office suite.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Inquire Now! CALL NOW!