Sheet Metal Mechanic
Sheet Metal Mechanic
Temp to Hire
TeamGlobal has an exciting opportunity in Brandon, Mississippi for a Sheet Metal Mechanic. Disassembly, cleaning, inspection, reassembly of aircraft sheet metal and composite components utilizing hand tools, shop equipment and special tools in accordance with manufacturers technical data and FAA regulations. Inquire today... a recruiter will contact you with additional details on this position and our available benefits!
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspects, disassembles, cleans, repairs, modifies, reassembles, aircraft sheet metal parts / components.
- Reads, interprets, and adheres to drawings, blueprints, manufacturing specifications, work instructions, regulations, repair manuals, and quality procedures.
- Ensures the on-time completion of tasks and reviews work for quality and completeness.
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication, both verbal and written. Prepares, maintains, and submits accurate paperwork as required, including job reports, timekeeping records, etc.
- Adheres to all applicable environmental, safety and health, and operations procedures and directives. This includes proper use of personal protective equipment in accordance with manufacturer specifications, Safety Data Sheets (SDS), and company guidelines.
- Ensures job site safety, promotes safe work practices, and works to rectify job site hazards.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
- REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Must be able to recognize, remove and treat different types of corrosion.
- Must be able to work projects with metals as thin as .020”
- Ability to fabricate detailed parts such as shims, splices, gussets, angles brackets, doubles, stiffeners, and patches as well as using shop aids to facilitate assembly and installation as needed.
- Ability to perform repairs on bonded metals, fiberglass, composites, and honeycomb materials.
- A strong ability to utilize technical data and follow verbal instructions with a high level of attention to detail.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- Minimum 3 years of General Aviation or Corporate jet experience , King Air experience preferred
- Must possess basic sheet metal mechanic’s hand tools as required.
Apply Now! Call Now: (817) 234-9527