RS Sheet Metal Tech II
RS Sheet Metal Tech II
Brunswick , GA
Our client is looking to fill their vacant RS Sheet Metal Tech II positions in Brunswick, Georgia. Layout, fabricate and install parts, equipment and fabricated items on aircraft following established operating procedures. Inquire today... a recruiter will contact you with additional details!
- Essential Job Functions
- Safely perform sheet-metal layout, fabrication, and installation of parts, equipment or fabricated items on aircraft under general supervision. Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications.
- Use blueprints to cut and form plastics and follow standard operating procedures when using adhesives, sealants and solvents.
- Utilizing proper tooling, shape and form complex angles and configurations according to blueprint specifications or written/verbal information.
- Safely operate shop equipment such as: brakes, presses, riveting equipment, shears, and hand tools associated with sheet-metal functions. Use the proper hardware for various sheet metal applications.
- Comply with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies. Use personal protective equipment as required. Ensure aircraft interior is protected (PTP).
- Assist in monthly 5S audits.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Assist in developing initiatives to meet individual OGSM requirements, as required.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities (e.g. YIAW, Kaizen events, etc.).
- Properly use and maintain company-provided tools and equipment and returns items to tool room after use.
- Ensure standard operating procedures are followed when operating ground support equipment.
- Properly collect and dispose of waste fuel, oil, hydraulic fluids, de-icing fluids, and solvent rags.
- Ensure accurate daily job charging to the aircraft.
- Exchange job related information and coordinate work activities between shifts through turn over report meetings and direct contact with leadership.
- Assist in maintaining shop equipment and associated JSAs. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2 years experience of sheet metal and/or fabrication experience.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Heavy structures work (Skin changes, cargo door mods, crack repairs, antenna installations)
- A working knowledge of sheet-metal installation and fabrication processes (measuring, cutting, bending, forming, and drilling of aluminum sheet stock, angle and honeycomb) is required.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Valid drivers license required. to operate towing and other Gulfstream transportation equipment.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Able to use tools and equipment associated with sheetmetal installation and fabrication work.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must have a good working knowledge of computers and experience working with Microsoft Office suite
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Inquire Now! CALL NOW!