Upholstery Tech I
Upholstery Tech I
Our client is looking to fill their vacant Upholstery Tech I positions in Savannah, Georgia. In this entry-level position, fabricate and install upholstery, cover panels, and make simple patterns for aircraft interiors using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications Inquire today... a recruiter will contact you with additional details!
- Essential Functions:
- Perform technical upholstery functions within design, customer, FAA, and Gulfstream specifications; specific installation and trim tasks are to be completed in compliance with work order instructions and specifications.
- Fit panels and windows, cabin head liners, upper sidewalls, lower side panels, hatch panels, windows, cut and surge carpets, cover bulkheads, fabricate various metal parts, and covering and installation of panels.
- Create carpet patterns per design drawings and complete installation.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience using commercial sewing machines, sergers and/or various hand tools used in upholstery and carpet trades is preferred.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand proficiently the English language.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Ability to use measuring tools and perform basic math computations.
- Must be computer literate.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Apply Now! Call Now: (817) 234-9527