Production and Material Planner
Production and Material Planner
Salt lake city, UT
TeamGlobal is seeking Engineering - Production and Material Planner in Salt Lake City, UT inquire today. We look forward to you joining a dedicated organization that has a reputation for being more than a place to go to work every day. Our employees are given the opportunity to use their talent and creativity to invent new solutions, meet demands, and offer the most effective services, with an industry changing approach. Our recruiters will contact you with additional details on this position and our available benefits including $10K Free Life Insurance! We are TeamGlobal – Empowered by Excellence!
- Job Description:
- Company is embarking on a large ERP Transformation, implementing SAP S/4HANA at multiple locations.
- In order to assist the business users with their jobs and get acclimated to the new system, we are seeking to bring one SAP role with expertise in Production and Material Planning and Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) service events.
- Position Responsibilities:
- Plans, schedules, coordinates and/or monitors final approval of products through the complete production cycle to meet production requirements.
- Works from Bills of Material, engineering plans and production specifications to ensure materials are provided according to schedules. Forecast the amount of material required and assist in the forecasting of equipment and labor required for production.
- Advises management of the status of work in progress, coordinates with manufacturing, quality, and supply chain and interfaces with engineering and program management.
- Analyzes material requirements and makes reservations in accordance with Standard Planning Practices to ensure availability of materials and labor to meet production requirements and delivery commitments.
- Works to resolve labor and material shortages, backlogs and other potential schedule interruptions.
- Creates and maintains standard Bills of Material and router for Fabrication as well as Final Assembly from drawings prepared by Engineering department as required by Sales order received from Contracts department.
- Creates jobs for Fabrication and Assembly.
- Maintains drawing file of drawings to latest revision levels.
- Sends copies to Purchasing, Manufacturing Engineering, or Assembly as new revision levels are received.
- Maintain Master Order Schedule of jobs or product classes under the cognizance of the position.
- Coordinates other functions such as quick shippers, foreign sales, etc. as directed.
- Releases all assembly process sheets and reference data and documentation in accordance with Production procedures. Control the release of Production Routers.
- Reschedule delivery dates, by computer entry, when advised of delays caused by impediments to progress at the Company or by vendors.
- Advise the Contracts Department of rescheduled delivery dates for communicating to customer.
- Prepare complete planning data on such end items which are of standard design and do not require newly created engineering documentation.
- Release of E.O. data, which defines scope of work.
- Reserves stock parts, including stock for jobs being processed, or prepares requisition for acquiring or making required materials, parts, sub-assemblies or assemblies.
- Determines if specific materials or labor will be charged directly to the job or to inventory stock.
- Make recommendations to the Material Review Board regarding materials which should be established as inventory or burden items or removed from such listings.
- Prepare and maintain work instructions as defined in the Quality Manual.
- Consults with personnel in the operating groups to determine, establish or verify facts or figures in connection with data being processed.
- Plans and schedule workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Plans sequence of assembly, repair and overhaul, and other manufacturing operations for guidance of production workers.
- Maintains product as-built configuration during build, including document changes and redlines. Create an as-built configuration database for each product configuration that is manufactured.
- Confers with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects.
- Responsible for providing guidance, coaching, and training to other Planners and employees across the company within area of expertise.
- ERP transition with Cost Point and SAP experience preferred.
- Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.
- In lieu of a degree, minimum of 6 years of prior related experience.
- Preferred skills:
- Collection of historical equipment records into load files for SAP data migration.
- Data mapping, cleansing, and validation
- System testing and defect tracking.
- Policy and procedure development for local quality documentation
- Train as a super user and then provide end user support and training.
- Change impact mitigation planning and risk closure.
- Establish cross-functional interfaces with contracts, programs, operations, supply chain, finance, quality, and depot staff to organize an effective repair flow.
- Participate in SAP migration go-live, cutover support, and follow-on hyper care.
- American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) Certification a plus
Apply Now! Call Now: (817) 234-9553