Aviation Project Manager
Aviation Project Manager
TeamGlobal has an exciting Direct Hire opportunity in San Antonio, Texas for an Aircraft Project Manager. The Project Manager is responsible for delivering safe, airworthy, and on-time aircraft by effectively planning, executing, monitoring and controlling the project. Inquire today... a recruiter will contact you with additional details on this position.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Articulate, champion and fiercely support the Company values and objectives when interacting with Company employees, customers, vendors, and other Company stakeholders.
- Manage assigned aircraft projects towards the re-delivery of safe and airworthy aircraft of the highest: quality, on timer on-budget, within scope, consistent with the Company's and Customer's expectations.3. Lead the commercial aspects of each project to ensure effective use and deployment of manpower resources, materials, tooling and equipment and ensuring the reconciliation of over-and-above labor hours and materials charges expended on the project prior to aircraft redelivery.
- Provide the leadership to drive and manage the project planning process with respect to manning, technical data availability, employee qualification, tooling, equipment, material, and coordination so that effective work break down structures and related work plans are in place to define the sequence of activities needed to successfully complete each project.
- Manage the short term and long term resource planning and utilization on the project to ensure adequate allocation and redeployment of resources to achieve project schedule success, customer satisfaction and profitability. In consultation with the appropriate trade managers to ensure the proper deployment of maintenance staff with the appropriate skills for the project work per the established policies and practices of the Company.
- Execute the project per the project plan. Monitor the progress of the project on a daily basis and make the necessary adjustments to the plan to ensure project success
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule of milestone events as required. Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the project and establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Direct work from all departments ensuring smooth and efficient workflow.
- Ensure personnel assigned to perform maintenance under the project are qualified to work on the assigned customer program and can perform the jobs properly. This involves assessing if individuals meet operator's required training and evaluating the job function against the employee's specific skills and knowledge.
- Monitor tasks ensuring proper man-hour accounting is taking place and that tasks are completed in a timely, manner.
- Interface with customer representatives and conduct and direct project status meetings with customer representatives and acquire all pertinent information ahead of these meetings to ensure effectiveness.
- Cater and plan for customer needs and notify Company Senior Leadership when customer dissatisfaction is observed
- Manage all work hours, including overtime hours, ensuring proper distribution and use of overtime hours, while considering projects schedule and budget.
- Work with stakeholders to determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
- Maintain a work culture: among project team members that embraces clean, orderly, and FOD-free work areas. Maintain all shop equipment and tools in a serviceable and working condition.
- Develop, implement and manage the daily progress reviews with team member and implement a response process that ensures that leadership under you are able to quickly respond to operational gaps, employee and customer concerns, improvement opportunities with appropriate countermeasures for operational excellence and mission success
- Ascertain that all necessary maintenance work records are properly executed by the responsible maintenance personnel.
- Sustain a work culture among the project team members that embraces compliance with Company Policies and procedures, Customer requirements and Federal Aviation Regulations, the Company Code of Business Conduct and Ethics. Appropriately address non-compliance to the above-mentioned requirements in a timely fashion so that employees understand that noncompliance is not an acceptable option for our business both now and in the future.
- Ensure the proper handling, tagging, storage and preservation of all parts removed on the project during maintenance to prevent loss of parts and proper identification and segregation of parts.
- Routinely evaluate project operations to identify improvements in quality, productivity and employee relations and working with structures team members and other functional groups including the Continuous Improvement team to drive on-going improvements. Implement programs and/or procedures that strive for excellence in quality in line with The Company's Quality Management System.
- Comply with other duties and responsibilities defined in the Company Repair Station & QualityControl Manual,TheDirectorofMaintenance,andotherCompany senior leadershipstaff.
- REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as interact with all levels of employees; management personnel; and customer representatives.
- Must possess a high degree of confidentiality, the ability to work under pressure, the ability to handle multiple tasks and be et self-starter.
- Must be able to us MS Office Suite, such as Excel, Word and Projects
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 2 years of college/trade school preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of commercial maintenance with at least 2 years lead or supervisory experience.
- Must possess FAA A&P License at least for the last 10 years
Apply Now! Call Now: (817) 234-9527