Cabinet Finisher Sr
Cabinet Finisher Sr
TeamGlobal has an exciting opportunity in Savannah, Georgia for a Senior Cabinet Finisher. Prepare, apply and touch up finish on aircraft furniture, aircraft specifications and design/engineering drawings.Inquire today... a recruiter will contact you with additional details on this position and our available benefits!
- Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Performs complex high quality repairs to finished surfaces of aircraft furniture in the shop and on-board aircraft. Applies finish to furniture using spray equipment and other manual/mechanical methods.
- Interprets material specifications to ensure finished product meets design and engineering requirements with a high level of quality and detail. Coordinates with Design group to ensure compliance with customer approved design samples.
- Complies with and champions Safety, 5S and housekeeping. Ensures the protection of aircraft interiors (PTP).
- Mentors and trains lesser skilled technicians.
- Works to develop and implement process improvements that address safety, reduce cost, reduce cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six-Sigma tools.
- Utilizes the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and sign-off work.
- Assists in developing initiatives to meet individual OGSM requirements, as required.
- Accepts Lead responsibilities when needed. Oversees projects and coordinates with Lead to delegate tasks to assigned technicians.
- Conducts safety audits and assists team members in doing safety audits.
- Assists in maintaining shop equipment and associated JSAs.
- Develops YI@W (Your Ideas at Work) as the opportunities present themselves.
- Assists in monthly 5S audits.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Required Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of cabinet finishing processes and products.
- Possess a working knowledge of Gulfstream inspection, process specifications and terminology.
- The ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be computer literate.
- Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in wood finishing processes.
- Experience in aerospace industry preferred.
Apply Now! Call Now: (817) 234-9527