TeamGlobal has an exciting opportunity in Charleston, South Carolina for Aircraft Assemblers. Performs routine production assembly operations on structural and mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and aircraft systems, equipment and accessories using manual operations.Inquire today... a recruiter will contact you with additional details on this position and our available benefits including $10k Free Life Insurance!
- Prior experience working with Structures
- Education from an aeronautical school/program
- or equivalent industry experience
- Flexible to work any shift, 1st, 2nd or 3rd as business needs change
- 60 day separation is required for all returning contractors
- Winter graduates of aeronautical programs (PIA, Embry Riddle, etc) will be considered and selected candidates will be scheduled to start after graduation date. Resume should clearly indicate School Name, Program and Graduation Date.
- Lift less than 25 pounds (Occasional lifting of 21-35 pounds), bend and twist at the waist, walk, crawl, crouch, stand for long periods, kneel, reach, climb/balance, flexion/extension
- Contact with sealants and solvents, exposure to noise, working on elevated platforms
- Use personal protective gear for face, eyes, ears, hand, and arms as required.
- Pass visual acuity and color perception tests
- Read, write, and comprehend the English language
- Handle, use, and dispose of hazardous material
- Obtain & maintain training certifications as required to support assignment responsibilities
- Occasional (1 to 3 hrs) finger manipulation
- On occasion, a 2-person lift may be necessary for weights greater than 50 lbs
- Frequent reaching overhead (3 to 6 hrs)
- Frequent walking on flat surfaces
- Frequent standing flat or uneven surfaces
- Frequent balancing on a ladder, steps, or uneven surfaces
- Occasional climbing on 3-12 ft ladders or stands
- Rotation of head/neck, sitting, crawling, squatting, bend/stoop, lying down, and operate foot controls
- Occasional contact with metals
- Exposure to plastics and solvents to atmospheric conditions
- Frequent exposure to noise
- Functional Excellence Competencies:
- Accountability and Responsibility - Demonstrates a willingness to accept responsibility and accountability for one's actions. Exhibits a moral, legal or mental accountability in areas of responsibility.
- Adaptability - Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, and/or cultures.
- Change Management - Encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Continuous Improvement - Originates action to improve existing conditions and processes; uses appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implements solutions, and measures impact.
- Continuous Learning - Demonstrates an interest in personal learning and development. Seeks feedback from multiple sources about how to improve and develop; modifies behavior based on feedback or self-analysis of past mistakes. Takes steps to develop and maintain the knowledge, skill, and ability to perform.
- Innovation / Creativity - Discovers new opportunities and solutions for problems by looking beyond current practices and using innovative thinking. Tries different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Planning and organizing - Effectively plan what is to be achieved and involve all relevant stakeholders. Anticipate important or critical events, identifying resource requirements and assigning responsibility for specific work, including deadlines and performance expectations. Demonstrate the use of information -gathering techniques, analyzing situations and identifying implications in order to make correct decisions. Demonstrate ability to monitor progress and to make changes as required.
- Strategic Decision Making - Obtains information and identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; commits to a course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, available resources, constraints, and organizational values.
- Teamwork - Demonstrates a commitment to the mission and motivation to combine the team’s energy and expertise to achieve a common objective. Understands the dynamics of effective teamwork in order to attain higher levels of performance. Demonstrates ability to work as a member of a team.
- Technical Competencies:
- Assembly Process - Knowledge of assembly and production processes, manufacturing capabilities (e.g., composites, structures), and data needed for defining delivery configurations (e.g., design definition, program directives, engineering drawings, change memos, wiring diagrams and schematics, functional tests, supplier data). Ability to differentiate production (manufacturing) processes and requirements from in-service procedures and requirements.
- Assembly Tools - Knowledge of function specific specialized tools (e.g., sheet metal--cornice brakes, metal shears, pneumatic rivet squeezers, cold-hardening kits; electrical--crimpers, wire routing tools, multimeters)
- Certification & Qualification - Knowledge of verification, validation, certification and qualification processes and procedures, including knowledge of governing regulations and compliance requirements. Ability to assess and document test or analysis data to show compliance.
- Engineering Drawings & Specs - Ability to read, understand, and interpret engineering drawings and specifications (e.g., blueprint/schematic reading, specification, change, design).
- General Shop Processes - Complete knowledge of shop processes to include Foreign Object Damage/Debris (FOD) prevention, material handling, safety, calibration requirements and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD).
- Lean Manufacturing - Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles (e.g., value stream analysis, single piece flow).
- Quality Systems Process - Knowledge of quality systems (e.g., inspection process, Boeing quality procedures).
- Systems Thinking - Ability to understand the big picture and the inter-relationships of all positions and activities in the system, including the impact of changes in one area on another area. This includes the ability to see and understand the inter-relationships between components of systems and plans, anticipate future events, and apply the principles of systems thinking to accelerate performance.
Apply Now! Call Now: (817) 234-9527