Fort worth, TX
TeamGlobal has an exciting Direct Hire opportunity in Fort Worth, Texas for an Accountant. Inquire today... a recruiter will contact you with additional details on this position.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares general ledger, asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing moderately complex account information.
- Recommends financial actions to management by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statements, and other management reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents. Verifies and analyzes business records, transactions, and procedures.
- Maintains accounting controls by auditing compliance with and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following accounting policies and internal controls.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting a variety of accounting policies and regulations.
- Prepares moderately complex financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Applies continuous improvement techniques and methods to internal processes and systems.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing professional networks, and/or participating in professional societies.
- Complies with federal and state legal requirements and professional standards. Studies existing and new legislation, enforces adherence to requirements, and advises management on needed actions.
- Shares specialized accounting knowledge with others.
- Represents organization on specific projects.
- Mentors new employees.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement).
- REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), methods and concepts.
- General knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and/or Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- General knowledge of and ability to apply continuous improvement techniques to work area.
- Proficient with automated accounting systems, spreadsheet applications, and general use of intranet/internet communications and standard business applications software.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports; respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community; define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions by drawing on experience with similar situations.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members and team leaders.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Accounting.
- Minimum 2 years Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job
Apply Now! Call Now: (817) 234-9553