Principal EMI-EMC Avionics Engineer
Principal EMI-EMC Avionics Engineer
TeamGlobal is searching for a Principal EMI-EMC Avionics Engineer for our client in Alpharetta, GA. This person will perform EMI analysis/simulations. Matching 401(k), insurance and TG Rewards are available to all of our employees. Inquire below and a recruiter will contact you with more information.
- Essential Job Functions:
- Perform EMI analysis/simulations using tools such as CST, HFSS, Sonnet, FEKO, Mathcad, MATLAB, SPICE tools, etc.
- Generate EMI/EMC analysis, design, and mitigation reports
- Perform design and test support to achieve EMI compliance.
- Apply engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, test, and evaluate programs for Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3).
- Create an EMI Control Plan, Test Plan, Test Procedure, Test Report and other applicable documents.
- Operate EMC test equipment, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, etc.
- Direct EMI testing activities and participate in EMI related system and sub-system troubleshooting efforts.
- Represents system engineering design artifacts at internal and external customer meetings and audits.
- Be involved with the requirements generation, systems design, and development and testing of our avionics products.
- Defines system architectures, interface definitions, key capabilities, performance requirements, and maturity constraints that meet mission requirements.
- Defines system implementation approach and operational concept.
- Experienced in Model Based Development (MBSE), behavioral modeling/simulation (e.g. UML modeling with use-cases and sequence diagrams), peer reviews, configuration, and change management.
- Understanding of Optical Characteristics of flight displays with the knowledge of functions of Glass Manufacturer OEM’s.
- Understanding of ARP-4754A and ARP-4761 system and safety development process.
- Experienced in creating Interface Definition Documents (IDD’s) and Interface Control Drawings (ICD’s)
- Experienced in generating Requirements Traceability Verification Matrix (RTVM) and Design Verification Testing (DVT) reports.
- Working knowledge of engineering tools for requirements capture (DOORS, JAMA etc...)
- Familiar with high-level objectives of DO-254, DO-178B/C and DO-160 development processes.
- Working knowledge of the commercial and military communications protocols (RS-232, ARINC 429, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC 664 (AFDX) and ARINC 818 (Fiber).
- In depth familiarity with MIL certification processes and procedures.
- Prior experience providing technical engineering documentation for proposal development and/or response
- High-level understanding of manufacturing build, test, quality, and customer acceptance review processes
- Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineer and/or related Degree
- 9-10+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Must have the ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance, U.S. citizenship required
- Prior experience working in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment and/or cross-\functional Engineering team
- Experience working with Engineering Leadership / Program Management providing direct support for internal and or external customers
- Prior experience working on multiple concurrent projects with competing deadlines
- Proven experience and understanding of requirements capture, design, and decomposition methods.
- In depth working knowledge of system validation, verification, and integration processes for highly complex product developments.
Apply Now! Call Now: (817) 234-9553