Our client is looking to fill their vacant Avionics Technician position in Houston, Texas. Inquire today... a recruiter will contact you with additional details on this position and our available benefits!
- Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Perform line avionics work specializing in navigation, radio, radar systems, and other electronic systems, including installation, calibration, etc.
- Read and interpret wire schematics and blue prints and be familiar with applicable FAA regulations.
- Must maintain a working knowledge of airworthiness standards and FAA regulations with the ability to find the needed information in various publications and establish standards and verify airworthiness of repairs, modifications and installations.
- Accurate completion of data on forms, tags, work instructions and other required documentation used in performance of their job duties.
- Perform corrective action and technician sign-off on discrepancy and computerized maintenance forms for all articles undergoing maintenance. All corrective sign-offs will be documented referencing acceptable and/or approved data.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and determine maintenance schedule and requirements
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years experience in the field of troubleshooting and repairing avionics systems most common to mid-size corporate aircraft, to include pitot-static work and transponder calibrations.
- Prior aircraft ground handling experience
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Required Skills:
- Ability to exercise considerable initiative in taking prompt and decisive action to prevent or alleviate delays due to conflicts in scheduling, lack of materials, or faulty processes.
- Communicate with customers and employees in person, on phone, and through radio communications
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English. Distinguish between colors-red/yellow/green
- Moderate computer skills including Microsoft office products
- Basic mathematical knowledge
- Bi-linqual preferred
Apply Now! Call Now: (817) 234-9527