Final Line Mechanic Sr
Final Line Mechanic Sr
Our client is looking to fill their vacant Final Line Mechanic Sr positions in Savannah, Georgia. Install parts and components, lines, cables, etc. in assigned area using required tools and appropriate prints, specifications, and operational requirements to complete work assigned through final inspection,and assure conformance to specifications. Inquire today... a recruiter will contact you with additional details on this position and pur benefits!
- Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Perform the most complex structure or aircraft installations, repairs, rework or tests, requiring familiarity with all functions of components and systems to be installed; ensure all parts/assembly meet requirements.
- By using proper documentation and control, manage all parts and disposition of parts in assigned work station.
- Assist Team Coordinator in developing and implementing process improvements and cycle time reductions.
- Coordinate work with other departments to ensure smooth workflow.
- Responsible for quality and efficiency of own installations; make repairs per discrepant material tags, material review request; perform necessary work to ensure installations meet conformity
- Use a variety of tools and equipment to successfully complete component installation.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and structural problems
- Update and sign required. logs and records as required
- May be required. to plan and organize workloads and resource requirements.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area, support the company FOD and 5S programs and comply with all safety regulations.
- Demonstrate Gulfstream Manufacturing competencies in the employee effectiveness review.
- Maintain and use all logs and records such as MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs, etc.
- Support continuous improvement processes as assigned
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum 7 years aerospace/aviation experience; 5 years Gulfstream aircraft experience preferred.
- A&P (FAA Airframe and Power plant) license preferred.
- Required Skills:
- Solumina and Smarteam experience preferred.
- Requires ability to read and interpret basic blueprints and schematic diagrams.
- Must be skilled in close tolerance work and have knowledge of use of special tools and ability to perform close tolerance work such as drilling, reaming, ship fitting parts, etc. Must be able to use all tools required. to do the job.
- Ability to operate hydraulic mule pumps, fixtures, and jigs.
- Must be able to use mathematical formulas by solving dimensional; problems using fractions, decimals and whole numbers.
- Thorough knowledge in the use of multiple measuring devices, demonstrated ability to use within specified tolerance.
- Production Quality training
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small-space restricted areas and lift up to 50 lbs
Apply Now! Call Now: (817) 234-9527