Tooling Inspector Sr.
Tooling Inspector Sr.
Our client is looking to fill their vacant Tooling Inspector Sr. position in Savannah, Georgia. Perform inspection duties and assists other tooling inspectors in general and technical aspects of Quality Control in a specified area of tooling inspection. Inquire today... a recruiter will contact you with additional details!
- Essential Job Functions
- Prepares inspection documentation and maintains files as required. Ensures current engineering revisions are incorporated per established procedures.
- Performs periodic inspections to ensure compliance per FAA requirements and approved quality procedures.
- Creates Model Base inspection processes using CATIA model based tool designs that can be used for both fabrication and rework of tools by the tool shop personnel.
- Analyzes data using Metrologic inspection software and create electronic quality folders in SmarTeam to store inspection data for all model based tooling.
- Promotes and maintains quality standards and processes.
- Works with tooling suppliers to ensure the inspection data is correct and in the proper format on all in coming tools.
- Makes recommendations to Tooling Management on continuous improvements in the tooling inspection area.
- Ensures proper use and storage of area tools, equipment and supplies. Advises management of any associated problems or other requirements.
- Assists other inspectors as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma/GED.
- Minimum 8 years technically related experience; at least six (6) years related inspection experience.
- Valid Drivers License required.
- Required Skills
- Must be proficient in blueprint reading/interpretation, shop math, and quality control manual as required.
- Ability to import and export inspection data in many different formats (Word, Excel, PDF, etc.).
- Model Base systems (Cadam, Catia V4, Catia V5) experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in use of inspection tools and equipment.
- Must be proficient in use of conventional optical measurement equipment.
- Must be competent with theodolite and laser tracker systems.
- Ability to recognize potential problems with drawings and elevate to management.
- Must be competent with coordinate measurement machines (CMM).
- Must be competent with electronic tool record keeping system.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds & pass the vision test as required by area job responsibilities.
- Must have good communication skills.
Apply Now! Call Now: (817) 234-9527