Our client is looking to fill their vacant Avionics Technician position near St Louis in Chesterfield, Missouri. Install, test and adjust Avionics equipment such as: radar, radio, pulse, navigation, autopilot, entertainment, instrumentation, electrical and compass systems. Inquire today... a recruiter will contact you with additional details!
- Essential Job Functions
- Inspect components of Avionics systems for defects, such as loose connections, frayed wire and for accuracy of assembly/installation.
- Test Avionics equipment under simulated or actual operating conditions to determine performance and airworthiness using test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, digital meters, counters, and Data Bus Readers.
- Troubleshoot Avionics systems and equipment to isolate defective components.
- Install aircraft Avionic systems such as cabin management and entertainment systems, FMS, TCAS, EGPWS, Iridium Phone and High-Speed Data systems in accordance with manufacturer's specifications and Federal Aviation guidelines.
- Calibrate installed or repaired equipment to prescribed specifications.
- Accompany flight crew to perform in-flight adjustments and to determine and record required post-flight repair work.
- Comply with installation and testing of aircraft service bulletins in accordance with manufacturer's documentation.
- Remove and install interior of aircraft to gain access in order to complete repair or installation.
- Other duties not specifically covered herein but otherwise assigned.
- Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma and/or an apprenticeship gainingknowledge of avionics technology with specific knowledge in the primary avionics systems.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 year's basic on aircraft avionics maintenance installations. Moderate understanding of general job aspects a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of an MRP (Material Resources Planning) system strongly preferred; Corridor software a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Required Skills
- Skills shall include experience with Pitot-static Tester, ATC-601 Tester, TCAS-201 and NAV, 401 Tester, Multi Meter, Megohmmeter, VOMS, Electric Power Carts.
- Basic math functions with whole numbers, decimals and fractions and the ability to know how and when to use them.
- Key competencies related to working with a diverse group of individuals and departments are desirable.
- Frequent need to give concentrated attention, with one or two senses at a time, where stimuli are changing.
- Occasional direct and indirect pressure from deadlines, production quotas, accuracy or similar demands.
- Willing to complete on the job training (OJT) in accordance with FCC Repair Station Manual.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally when required
Apply Now! Call Now: (817) 234-9527