Our client is looking to fill their vacant Cabinet Builder positions near St Louis in Chesterfield, Missouri. Building, assembly and finishing of various components for the interior of the aircraft during refurbishment. Inquire today... a recruiter will contact you with additional details!
- Essential Job Functions
- Fabricate and build various cabinets, galleys, lavatories, wardrobes, tables, closets and related interior components in accordance with customer requests, engineered drawings, and completion specifications.
- Work with composite and other light-weight components and materials.
- Cut/trim veneer panels to size using saw or hand router
- Lay out veneer to match grain.
- Glue material down w/ spray gun or brush.
- Assemble pre cut panels.
- Install panel pins and inserts using drill and dapco gun.
- Edge fill all open edges or rough areas; sand flush (hand sand or orbital sander).
- Cut wood trims and bond onto cabinet (make use of saw/ wood glue and clamps).
- Install hinge block and hinges (router, screws).
- Reassemble cabinetry after finish process is complete.
- Install lights, latches, other small items (use of hand tools).
- Weigh cabinets and document Part number and serial numbers.
- Apply lacquer, clear coats and finishes to finished product surfaces ensuring consistent application and coverage (applied by hand and/or spray equipment)
- Repair / prepare surface between coats for additional finishing
- Inspect for high quality, clear consistent finish result
- Complete any special projects or other tasks as required or assigned; may be assigned to other areas of operations, based on business or customer requirements.
- Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years Cabinet Building experience in the Aviation Industry
- Extensive, practical wood-working, surface preparation, finishing and cabinetry experience.
- Trade certification or education in woodworking, woodwork manufacturing or millwork preferred
- Required Skills
- Must be able to understand and work from blueprints as well as other written instructions and design specifications.
- Must be able to work with engineers and calculate weight & balance data and must be familiar with a variety of hand tools, woodworking machinery and ideally, CNC automation.
- Have general knowledge of aircraft cabinets and components, including repairing, modifying, refurbishing, and fabricating aircraft cabinets, as well as stripping and re-covering cabinets with new veneer or laminate.
Inquire Now! CALL NOW!