Sr Cabinet Finisher
Sr Cabinet Finisher
Savannah , GA
Our client is looking to fill their vacant Sr. Cabinet Finisher positions in Savannah, Georgia. Prepare, apply, and touch-up finish on aircraft furniture, aircraft specifications and design/engineering drawings. Inquire today... a recruiter will contact you with additional details!
- Essential Functions:
- Performs complex high quality repairs to finished surfaces of aircraft furniture in the shop and on-board aircraft. Applies finish to furniture using spray equipment and other manual/mechanical methods.
- Interprets material specifications to ensure finished product meets design and engineering requirements with a high level of quality and detail. Coordinates with Design group to ensure compliance with customer approved design samples.
- Complies with and champions Safety, 5S and housekeeping. Ensure the protection of aircraft interiors (PTP).
- Mentors and trains lesser skilled technicians.
- Works to develop and implement process improvements that address safety, reduce cost, reduce cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six-Sigma tools.
- Utilizes the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and sign-off work.
- Assists in developing initiatives to meet individual OGSM requirements, as required.
- Accepts Lead responsibilities when needed. Oversees projects and coordinates with Lead to delegate tasks to assigned technicians.
- Conducts safety audits and assists team members in doing safety audits.
- Assists in maintaining shop equipment and associated JSAs.
- Develops YI@W (Your Ideas at Work) as the opportunities present themselves.
- Assists in monthly 5S audits.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Four (4) years of experience in wood finishing processes; aerospace industry preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of cabinet finishing processes and products.
- Possess a working knowledge of Gulfstream inspection, process specifications and terminology.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be computer literate.
Inquire Now! CALL NOW!