Final Line Mechanic II
Final Line Mechanic II
Our client is looking to fill their vacant Final Line Mechanic II positions in Savannah, Georgia. Install parts and components, lines, cables, etc. in assigned area using required tools and appropriate prints, specifications, and operational requirements to complete work assigned through final inspection. Inquire today... a recruiter will contact you with additional details!
- Essential Functions:
- Assemble, install, and adjust aircraft structure parts and system components. Rig control cables, sectors, linkages, control surfaces, landing gear and doors, engines, cowls, aircraft entry doors and associated parts and hardware.
- Remove and replace system components, cut and fit system lines and associated hardware necessary to facilitate and perform repairs.
- Responsible for quality and efficiency of all installations; ensure all parts/assembly meet requirements. Perform necessary rework to ensure installations meet conformity.
- Install systems lines, valves, ducts and associated parts and hardware. Work to ensure a leak free system.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment, including permaswage pumps, dies, line cutting tools, wrenches, checking tools, witness guages, etc. and tools to successfully complete component and perform minor structure installation.
- Assist in troubleshooting mechanical and structural problems to facilitate and perform basic repairs.
- Update and sign required logs and records as required.
- Check own work and may be required to check work of junior mechanics to ensure a defect free installation prior to final inspection.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area, support the company FOD and 5S programs and comply with all safety regulations.
- Demonstrate Gulfstream Manufacturing competencies in the employee effectiveness review.
- Maintain and use all logs and records such as MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs, etc.
- Support continuous improvement processes as assigned.
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School graduate/GED..
- Three (3) years aerospace/aviation experience or equivalent mechanical experience (auto mechanics, heavy equipment, etc)
- Must be able to work in a team filled environment and at a high pace environment working to achieve the milestones set for the days activities.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small-space restricted areas and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints and schematic diagrams and use all tools required to do the job.
- Must be skilled in close tolerance work and have knowledge of use of special tools and ability to perform close tolerance work such as drilling, reaming, ship fitting parts, etc.
- Ability to operate hydraulic mule pumps, fixtures, and jigs.
- Airframe and Power Plant License preferred
- Solumina and Smarteam experience preferred.
Apply Now! Call Now: (817) 234-9527